Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Manly card


Well as promised I am, finally, getting around to posting another "manly" greeting card.
This card was super quick to make and used limited supplies as well!
I began by cutting a square hole out of a 4.5x5.5 piece of scrap cardstock. I used this as a mask. I placed the mask on the front of a white card and stenciled the green leaves using a Dreamweaver stencil. Once I was happy with the amount of leaves in the square I removed the mask and using my Scor-it board embossed a square around leaves to define the edges a little more.
I then put the stencil back down on the card (now without the mask) and taped it down with low tack tape. I decided to use my new Dreamweaver Glossy Black embossing paste which I applied into the holes of the stencil. I removed the tape and stencil while the paste was still wet. I used some oooold Luminart Primary Pigments (dry pigments similar to Ranger's Perfect Pearls) and sprinkled the pigments onto the wet paste. I let the paste dry overnight then brushed off the extra pigments with a blush brush and a Swiffer cloth.
I finished the card by stamping a sentiment in black ink.
Thanks for looking!
Card Recipe:
Stencil: Dreamweaver LJ846 Maidenhair fern
Inks: Brillance Pearlescent Tyme, Versamagic Green Tea & Ranger Mussel Black dye ink
Stamps: A Muse Happy Birthday Mix
Other: Luminart Primary Pigments, Dreamweaver Black Glossy Embossing Paste & Scor-It board

No comments: