Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Enjoy!

The clear "enjoy" set by Penny Black came back in stock late last week and I had a chance to play with it today. I was reading about the "blackboard technique" recently and thought this particular set would be perfect for the technique and would make me finally give the technique a try!

I started by finding a scrap of black cardstock in my stash and I stamped the birds image with Cloud Versamagic pigment ink on the black. I LOVE the Versamagic white because it actually shows up on dark cardstock unlike many other white inks.

After the ink was dry I pulled out my watercolor pencil crayons and colored over top of the white ink because the base color is light the pencils show up perfectly on the black cardstock! Amazing! I used my Tombow white gel pen to add the eyes of the birds.

After quite a bit of playing around with the layout I found one I liked but I did not like the solid white Bazzill bling I had chosen as my top layer. I thought the card had an Asian feel so I decided to use my Tombow markers to "draw" some bamboo on the white to jazz it up a bit. It turned out perfect!

I finished off the card by using my Tombow tape runner to lay a line of adhesive down which I used to adhere some gold leafing to the card.

Thanks for looking! Just a reminder, Crafty Capers is having their 8th annual garage sale this Sunday June 6 10:30 - 1:30. Hope to see you there!


No comments: