Friday, June 25, 2010

Changito Picnic!

My father in law's birthday is early next so I have been in "man" card mode for the past day or so. Tomorrow's card is gender neutral as well.
I was thinking about Canada Day and summer fun then saw all my Stampendous Changito monkeys. I thought they would make a good scene together. I don't normally make scenes so thought that would be a good challenge for me.

I began by stamping all the standing monkeys and about 1/3 of the tire swing monkey in the upper right corner on a piece of watercolor paper then colored all the standing monkeys with my Tombow markers and Tombow blender pen (N00). I used a green Tombow marker to fill in more grass around the BBQing Changito along the horizon. I sponged green ink around the monkeys for grass and blue for the sky with some of my inks. To make the grass more interesting I added little dots from my grass colored Tombow marker.
Next, I stamped the tire swing monkey on a scrap of watercolor cardstock and colored him and cut him out. I did not color him on the scene cardstock I just wanted the first partial stamp as a guide where to place him and I didn't want to cut his tail out! I sponged blue inside the tire because I did not want to try to cut that out either!
Stamped the sentiment in the upper left hand corner of the card with black ink. I layered everything as shown. Just wanted to point out that the green gingham is actually a placemat that my husband brought me home when he was in England last with his Dad. We'll see if he notices. :) Thanks for looking!
Card Recipe:
Stamps: Stampendous - Changito tire swing, BBQ, Bubbles, Solo & Bday Messages
Inks: Versafine Onyx black, Adirondack Stonewash, Memento Bamboo Leaves
Tombow: White gel pen (for chef's hat), 192, 249, 847, 856, 885, 977, 992, N65, N89, N95 & N00 (blender).

1 comment:

Lisa S. Luckey said...

Oh that's so cute! I love it!