Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Snowy Short Stacks


We had so many orders come in last week I did not really have time to play! Here is one of the sets that came in with the Stampendous order that came in last week. As soon as I saw this set I knew I wanted it and knew this girl needed a Fun Flock hat! I got to play with Crafty Caper's newest toy while making this card as well - Xyron's brand new Creatopia machine!!
To start this card I stamped the girl on a piece of cream cardstock and colored her with my pencil crayons. I added wet glue to her hat then added Stampendous' Mint and Chip fun flock to the wet glue. I added glue to the bottom of her coat and sleeves and added the Stampendous White Fun Flock. I set her aside to dry so I did not stick my hand or something in the wet glue! I used the new Creatopia deckle blade to cut the edged of the cream cardstock then matted her on a scrap of designer paper and deckled the top and bottom of the mat as well. I found a scrap strip of green cardstock and I used the new Creatopia Perforated blade to perforate the green. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this blade!! I think it looks just like faux stitching and it will also perforate and tear if you are working on a project that needs this type of thing as well!! I did not get the Shapez piece for the Creatopia so I used my Cuttlebug to cut 2 Spellbinder snowflakes from the Snowflake Wonder set and cut an oval from my Classic oval set with a scrap of Tim Holtz patterned cardstock. I stamped my sentiment (also from the snowy short stacks set)with Ranger Denim dye ink and attached the oval and snowflakes with a brad to the green perforated strip. I thought the card needed something else so I added 2 stripes of Fun Flock to the bottom of the card (Mint and Chip, and Eyeshadow Blue). To finish I used 4 Stampendous Geoshapes in each corner of the girl piece.
Thanks for looking!
Just wanted to let eveyone know Crafty Capers got a new shipment from Hero Arts on Saturday. We now have all their brand new cling stamps.

No comments: