Friday, January 23, 2009

Koi Pond


I love fish ponds when I saw this stamp a few years ago I had to buy it however I have not used it much. Naughty me! This stamp is made by Magenta Design.


I started this card by stamping the pond image with Versafine Onyx black on watercolor paper. I then used my Tombow markers and colored it. I made sure to add a little blue color to the background to make it less stark.

I cut out the image with my circle Nestabilities and matted it with another circle of Magenta paper. My blue main cardstock is Bazzill stamped with Magenta's falling petals stamp (stamped in Ranger Cloudy blue dye ink). I used a scrap of Colormates green cardstcok stamped with an Art Impressions leaf stamp stamped in Ranger Meadow dye ink. Along the blue/green cardstock join I added Prima flowers in orange and added flower centers with Rangers Distress Stickles in Denim.

My final steps were to add Rangers Glossy Accents on the lily pads and Rangers Diamond Stickles on the water bubbles.
All items on this card are available for sale at Crafty Capers. Thanks for looking!



1 comment:

Lorri said...

This is a great card I think I will be in to "borrow" this image and make a few cards, LOL.