Thursday, January 29, 2009

Baby card practice

I know someone who is having a baby in February so since it has been a year or so since I had to make a baby card I thought I should brush up on my skills. Also, it gave me an excuse to play with the Glitter Ritz glitter. :) The buggy image is from Penny Black. I embossed the image on a scrap of blue cardstock with black embossing powder then took Art Institute clear drying glue and applied glue to each area by color. ie I did the wheels first then applied Gunmetal glitter, then did the body of the carriage and used Liberty Blue. Finally, I did the sunshield (is that what the top part is called??) with Champaigne glitter and added liberty blue glitter spots. I matted the card with scraps of Bazzil cardstock. I stamped a Hero Arts "new baby" stamp around the outside of one of the mats and added a blue bow. I added some Ranger Stickles in diamond around the scallop oval and buggy because the card really was not glittery enough! Thanks for looking.

No comments: