Sunday, July 10, 2016

Buying trip!

Welcome back to the sadly neglected Crafty Capers blog, I think I should welcome myself back actually! LOL It has been really busy around the store with our usual day to day activities plus we have had 2 international guest instructors in the past few months and that is a ton of work prepping for that! Worth it though to be able to take classes with instructors who teach world wide.
Now it is my turn to be on a trip - a buying trip! It is time already to start looking at and buying Christmas and fall papers, stamps, inks and dies!
I will be attending the Sierra Pacific Trade show this time round. It begins tomorrow but my hubby and I arrived a few days early because I had special meetings and workshops to attend before the show. Yesterday, Friday, we started with a 14 hour bus trip travelling around to a bunch of vendors seeing their warehouses and new product and enjoying snacks or meals at every stop! I did my recommended number of steps but I am sure I did not lose any weight!
Our first stop was at American Crafts. They fed us an amazing breakfast of French toast with strawberries and whipped cream. I can't remember who they said made the French toast but I gathered it was sort of a Salt Lake City tradition. So yummy! I should have taken a photo but was too busy eating. We then toured their facilities and looked at new product and took a workshop with Dear Lizzie (Elizabeth Kartchner).
 
A new line by Pebbles

New American Crafts Warm and Cozy Line
 Then it was off to Simple Stories where we had a class with Layle Koncar

nothing to do with crafts but gave me a giggle!

 Then it was off to Wood Creations where they sell wood  pieces to embellish with designer papers, ribbons and inks. Very cool!
 
Next up was the gang from Bo Bunny! They did a Christmas in July theme and sang us some cheery Christmas tunes


New stamps by Bo Bunny


Well, it is late and I have another early morning so I will end it there. I will post about our fab dinner date and fun evening with Doodlebug tomorrow! Hope everyone is enjoying the sneak peaks.


3 comments:

Dianne said...

Saw your picture on the Bo Bunny Facebook page!!!! Hope you're having an awesome time and buying lots of good stuff.

Alli said...

Have fun V!!!
LOVE the BoBunny Holiday Icons stamp set!

Sheree said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.