Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all the great Dads out there! I hope you get spoiled.
I want to take a moment to publicly thank my Dad for all his hard work at Crafty Capers over the past 12 years. In the beginning, there were many evenings Dad and I were up late with stamps all over my parent's dining room table while Dad and I worked on calculating exchange rates, pricing and shipping costs. I can't even count the number of hours he spent helping me set up Crafty's displays in various malls on the Island. Even lately, he had had "emergency" calls asking him (Mom does some of these runs too) to head to out because I am out of twoons or the damn printer is out of ink and won't print! Thanks Dad!
Here the card I made for my Dad. I used the Tim Holtz set "Travel Ways" and Teresa Collins Far and Away paper (plus a bit of Bazzill). I stamped the car with Black Versafine ink and the Route 66 is stamped with Fired Brick Distress Ink.I cut out the red and brown frames with my Spellbinder Classic Square and Classic Square Scalloped dies. I distressed the brown frame and stamped the Hero Arts sentiment with Walnut Stain Distress ink. After this photo was taken I added Glossy Accents to the car for some extra pop.
Hope everyone has a great day!


No comments: