Thursday, September 27, 2012

Tree Telescope Card

I thought I would try a telescope card for a little change of pace. I also pulled out a very old glitter technique called the stained glass technique. I put 2 tree Peel Off stickers on a piece of acetate and I applied my Art Institute clear drying glue to the back side of my acetate. I did not put glue on the entire area all at the same time. I applied glue to areas based on the color of Glitter Ritz I wanted to apply I put glue on the dark areas first then applied the glitter then I applied more glue and applied the next glitter color and so on. The colors I used were Ice Blue, Grasshopper, Cinnamon and Moss Green. I let the glue dry then cut out each tree. I mounted each tree onto circles of designer paper then solid colored cardstock. I used some Kaisercraft star brads to make "hinges" for each circle so when you pick up the card it telescopes out. I used a piece of May Arts red twine to act as a hanger.
Thanks everyone for stopping by.

No comments: