Monday, April 30, 2012

A little sympathy

Hi All! Hope everyone had a good weekend I spent the weekend working on my income taxes. I HATE doing taxes however I bucked up and now they are done. I should treat myself to a trip to the spa or some such!
I realized last week I have no sympathy cards on hand and I really think they are the type of card that you should have on hand since usually you need the cards in a hurry and often you are not thinking clearly when you need to get one sent out. :(
I'm happy with how this card turned and it was quick! I began by stamping my sentiment with Deep Lagoon Versafine ink on 110lb white cardstock. I realized AFTER stamping it would have been smarter to do my other steps before stamping the sentiment. I then cut out a Spellbinder labels 8 shape to mask over my sentiment here is where I realized that it was very difficult to lay my mask over my saying leaving a even border around it. So take my advice cut your mask, sponge around it then stamp your sentiment! I was lucky and my guessing worked out pretty good (whew!) After my mask wask was in place I used my Stylus wand, a foam tip and Adirondack Stonewashed (dye) ink to apply ink around the outside of my labels shape. I kept the blue color darker around the edges and lighter farther away from the saying. I kept the mask in the place and used a cling flower stamp and Memento Canteloupe and Tangello inks and stamped randonly over my card and over top of the mask. I removed the mask and the area around my sentiment was nice and white. I added some twine around the top of the card and done!
Just wanted to say something about the sentiment on this card. It is from a clear sympathy set from Impression Obsession and I have been saying for years in my opinion it is the BEST sympathy set on the market. Lots of really great, but not too mushy, sympathy sentiments. Crafty Capers has it back in stock if you are looking for such a thing.
Looks like the store will be hopping this week with LOTS of new products coming in. Watch this space for updates!
Also, don't forget Crafty's 9th annual garage sale is coming up quickly! The date is Thursday May 24 (and May begins tomorrow!!!!!) 5:30 - 8:00. If you are interested in putting items in the garage sale please contact the store for details.
Stamps used on this card: Impression Obession clear sympathy set & Hero Arts (cling) Small Solid Flower

No comments: