Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sizzix Ink It plate demo card 1

Here is 1 of the cards/techniques I demoed on Saturday using the new Sizzix Ink It plates. For those that missed the demo the Ink It plates are new on the market and designed to give a "letter press" type look on paper using your Cuttlebug or Big Shot machine. I must confess I did not really know what "letter pressing" was before I started playing with these new plates so when people mentioned letter pressing I just nodded like I knew what they were talking about!!! LOL
For those that don't know letter pressing is used in the professional printing world it involves "debossing" making an indent in the paper then appling ink to the debossed areas. It is different from embossing which raises the paper up and is more extreme. I should have taken some closer pictures of this sample so you could see what I mean. Here is a company that does letter press professionally and they have a good picture in their logo.
The above card is one of the first samples I made when I was playing with the new plates. I love how it turned out and I think this design might become my official Christmas card this year or at least until I get bored of the design and find a new one! :) The bottom part of the card is done with the Sizzix Rustic Trellis Ink It plate and Brillance Rocket Red pigment ink. The deer and sentiment are by A Muse stamped with the same Brillance ink. The store does still have both stamps in stock but they have been discontinued so if you need them hurry in. We still have quite a few of the Rustic Trellis plates still in stock. This card is a single layer card and to prevent the cardstock warping I used a 100lb cardstock also available at the store.
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Donna Heber said...

This Christmas card is cute. I love reindeer stamps and you have showcased this one nicely.