Monday, November 8, 2010

A Manly birthday card


My brother in law's birthday was this past weekend and I got the old "can you make my brother a card" on Thurday evening! Thank goodness I had a good case of mojo going on!!
This is another Stampscapes creation in case you don't recognize the style.
I tried my hand at stippling (using a stencil type brush to apply inks) on white glossy cardstock. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!
I matted the image on a piece of Bazzill cardstock and used linen texture cardstock for the main cardstock.
I stamped my sentiment and added dots using a Tombow marker.
Card Recipe:
Stamps: All by Stampscapes: Lakeside cove (049G), Reeds (067B), Duck Trio (023A) & Leafy Branch (277F)
Inks: Ranger Adirondack (dye) Pool, Stonewashed, Pesto, Juniper, Lemonade, Sunshine Yellow, Sunset Orange & Red Pepper. Ranger Archival Jet Black
Other: Tombow marker & Glossy Cardstock

4 comments:

Sheree said...

Oooohhhh I love this combo!!

Anonymous said...

That is a very beautiful scenery and beautiful colors. I love it. Linda guest

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

love the wavy cut of the paper to match the water motion too - great work! Shaz in oz.x

Kallen said...

Such a beautiful card, love the design and the scenery. Stunning!
If you're looking for samples of birthday wishes for brother, I mean card verses, you may want to visit my blog too. Cheers!