Saturday, November 15, 2008

Snow Joy!

I must admit that snow rarely brings me any joy unless it is on a day where I don't have to drive but this guy is very cute!
I started out making this card by using Cathie Allen's Stamp and Smoosh technique whereby you take an inked stamp and put it on your paper and twist. It is an excellent way to apply ink for a background. You kind of get the pattern of the stamp but not really. The stamp I used was by Inkadinkado (a swirly one) with Brillance Pearlescent Ice Blue it makes the background shimmery. I over stamped a Inkadinkado snowflake with Ranger's Weathered Wood distress ink. I also did this technique on the rectangular piece I wrapped my ribbon on.

I stamped the Penny Black hedgehog with Onyx Versafine ink and colored him with Silver Bells and Bubble gum Shimmerz paints. I used Diamond and Waterfall Stickles glitter glue on the snowball. I used my Nestabilities squares (scallop and smooth) for mounting. I wrapped a piece of Offray ribbon from YEARS ago on the extra rectangle piece and mounted it all. Hope you enjoy.

No comments: