Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Sweet 16!


Long time shoppers of Crafty Capers will probably remember my "baby" niece from the store's Lantzville days. Well hard to believe but she turned 16 last week, and how has her "L" drivers license (beware folk living in the Fraser Valley!!) I made this sweet mini album for her using a design from Doodlebug. I did not have any Doodlebug bags but I DO have the We R Memories Envelope Punch board so made 7 envelopes and used them as pockets (I cut off the top envelope flap) and bound them with an accordian bottom spine. Inside each pocket I put a tag and added 14 photos of Hayley over the past 16 years. It was a big hit with my niece as well as "the relatives" and I am really pleased with how cute it turned out. Hardest part of the project was picking out just 14 photos and getting them professionally printed. While searching for photos of my niece I found a bunch of "blackmail worthy" photos of my sisters so that was an extra bonus! LOL
I used Doodlebug Stickers as "pulls" for each of the tags and for the front as well. I cut out the 16 using a Memory Box die. I was in a rush to take the project photo and did not take a side view or even photos of a tag or two! Doh! All papers used are from Doodlebug's Fruit Stand collection as are the stickers. 
Just a reminder Crafty Capers has some great classes coming up over the next few weeks. I have updated the schedule so check it out!
Thanks everyone for stopping by!

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

What a brilliant gift, Victoria!
A treasure for your niece :)