Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Forever in my garden

I had a few spare minutes today for a fun card and I managed to get this created! I'm really happy with how it turned out and will definitely be playing more with this style/technique of card.
I won't go into a lot of creation detail except to say I used a Stampendous stamp (Agapanthus) and my Tombow markers for the background. I don't know how old my Agapanthus stamp is but it is wood mounted and I have used it so often I have nearly worn away the picture on the wood handle!! Definitely have gotten my money's worth and still pull it out from time to time.
The bird layer of the card is a Dreamweaver stencil, Glitter Ritz, Sugar Beads and Be Creative tape. The sentiment is by Penny Black and is probably recognized by my Iris Studio Workshop class gals! Thanks for stopping by!
Card Recipe:
Stamps: Stampendous Agapanthus, Penny Black The Thought of You
Stencil: Dreamweaver LL571
Micro fine Glitter Ritz: Lavender, Hunter Green, Champagne, Cinnamon
Tombow Markers: 195, 603 & 606
Other: Be Creative Sugar beads, Versafine Onyx Black

3 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

This is beautiful! Love the glittery goodness and that makes this card shine!

Lesley said...

That stamp is my favourite too! Cool effect you created with it Victoria!!! Lovely card.

Sheree said...

Gorgeous!!! You used my favorite stamp! Love the penny black sentiment as well. well done Victoria! Abrams