Thursday, April 28, 2011

Hero Arts Challenge

Did you know that Hero Arts puts on monthly challenges? I've checked out the challenges for the past few months but have never gotten around to actually getting a challenge done! For some reason yesterday I felt inspired. The deadline is today at midnight nothing like leaving it to the last minute! It feels like university all over again! :)
This card is based on one of the Hero Arts sketches this month. I purchased this Hero Arts Peacock a few weeks ago and decided to pull it out and play with it. The card is pretty simple. I embossed the peacock in gold twice and cut 1 circle out of each image. I colored my peacock with Ranger's Perfect Pearls mixed with water for a shimmery effect. I embossed part of my main cardstock with the Cuttlebug Fleur di Lis folder. I managed to wrinkle (badly) the bottom of my cardstock when it went through my Cuttlebug so I had to find an emergency piece of cardstock to cover that up!! I used my Scor It board to score some line along the bottom piece of green. I added a purple strip of cardstock for my gold embossed sentiment (also from Hero Arts). I added 1 gold brad to the sentiment piece of paper to finish things off.
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Sheree said...

That is gorgeous Victoria! I will check that out the next time I am in... Next Thursday!!