Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Leafy goodness


Sorry for the lack of posts recently. I have made a few cards but have not had time to get them posted on the blog. I've been trying to do summery things while we have good weather!!
This is a card I made a few weeks back. Crafty Capers received an order from a good Canadian company, Magenta a few weeks ago and I thought I would pull out a Magenta stamp I had in my stash and have a play!
This stamp is acually a swirly leaf stamp but for this card I cut off all the swirlies.
I began by stamping and embossing the leaves with gold embossing powder - 5 on white cardstock and 6 on light green cardstock. I colored the white leaves with my Tombow markers and my Tombow white gel pen. I then cut them out. I used my Tombow glue pen on the green leaves and added yellow and grasshopper Glitter Ritz glitter to them in stripes then cut them out. The joy of using a glue pen on projects like this, instead of a product like Stickles is that the glue pen dries in only a few minutes so there is no waiting around to finish a project! Love that!
The actual card has a slightly different fold than the usual in that the front of the card is actually only 2 inches wide. The lone leaf you see off to the right side of the card is actually on the inside of the card. I assembled everything as shown and added a sentiment.
Thanks for looking!
Card Recipe:
Stamps: Leaf Magenta Rubber Stamps, Sentiment Penny Black
Paper: Bazzill
Tombow: Markers, White gel pen and Glue Pen
Glitter: Glitter Ritz Yellow and Grasshoper

No comments: