Friday, August 21, 2009

Blue, Tan and Cream challenge


This is not the best photo but the Penny Black Saturday challenge crew are having a Blue, Tan and Cream challenge this week. I decided to participate again after a long break!
I used a newer clear Penny Black Flower Gallery set and a Penny Black saying as well for this card.
I started out by taking a piece of blue Coordinations cardstock and rubbing Versamagic Sahara Sand and Aegean Blue inks around on it to add some interest to the cardstock then I stamped the magnolia stamp from the set in Versafine Sepia ink randomly on the blue cardstock. I let dry then took a cream Prismacolor pencil crayon and colored some of the flowers. I stamped the saying, which shows up better in real life, with Aegean Blue ink on a scrap of cream and matted it with tan and two other scraps of blue cardstock. I had two areas in my background that I thought needed something so I added stripes of Be Creative 5 mm double sided tape on each side of where the saying was going and applied Liberty Blue Glitter Ritz to the tape. Much better! I attached my saying then added an embossed border around the card using my Scor-It board. Thanks for looking!

No comments: