Friday, June 12, 2009

Father's day


I needed to get working on Father's day cards since I will not be stamping next week. I pulled out my rarely used Stampendous Perfect Clear set For Him. I recently took a class with Cathie Allen and thought I would try her stamp Smoosh technique with the set but Cathie is right, you can't do the stamp smoosh technique with clear sets! I stamped the dots stamp from this set with clear ink and embossed with clear then I stamped the tool stamp randomly over a piece of white cardstock and a white Stampendous tag with Versamagic Green Tea, Gingerbread and Aegean blue inks. I then took a piece of Ranger Cut N Dry foam and applied these same inks to the leftover white areas on the tag and background. I colored the handle of the hammer with a pencil crayon just for fun. I then ironed the clear embossing powder off the card and tag. The powder acted like a resist so I had/have white dots on the card as well. I then stamped the celebrate your day on the tag and edged it with a Pitch Black Ranger Pigment pen and added 2 screw brads from Creative Imaginations. I drew a black line around my larger background piece and stamped a Dad border along the bottom. I matted the background piece onto brown, blue and then white cardstock. Voila! The card was done. I think my Dad will get this card since he is always helping out with fix it up projects around Crafty Capers and he's a great dad!
Thanks for looking!

No comments: