Friday, March 20, 2009

Hummingbird



Here is a new, to me, Dreamweaver stencil I got last week. I thought I would give the glitter technique a try with the Microfine Glitter Ritz glitter in stock now at Crafty Capers.
Basically, the glitter technique with metal stencils involves double sided tape sheets (I prefer to use Dreamweaver's double sided adhesive), a metal stencil, 100% vegetable oil soap, and glitter. Cut your adhesive sheet about the size of the stencil. Peel off 1 side of the backing and put it onto a piece of scrap cardstock (you won't see it). Peel the other side of the backing off and set aside. Rub the back of your stencil with your soap, put on lots! This will act as a grease so the stencil does not permanently stick to the tape! Place the stencil soap side down on the adhesive. Carefully apply glitter where you want it. I used my craft knife as a scoop so I did not have glitter dumping straight from the bottle. Press the glitter where you want it and dump off the extra then move to the next color and so on. When all the open spaces in the stencil are covered turn the stencil and adhesive upside down the stencil is now facing your table. Carefully, peel the stencil off being careful not to bend the stencil. Fill the background of the stencil in with another color of glitter.
For my card I used Glitter Ritz glitter in colors:
bronze, kiwi, fire red, moss green and sand.
The stamped saying is by Hero Arts and the embossed borders are "Frills" Cuttlebug folder.
Thanks for looking!


1 comment:

Kim Teasdale said...

This is beautiful Vic!! Just gorgeous :)

Kim