Sunday, October 19, 2008

This one is for Lorri!


I have a die hard friend/fan, Lorri who takes the time to comment on my cards so this one is for you!
I've been receiving LOTS of Dreamweaver stencils lately and they sent instructions for a new technique - Ink Transfer.
It's kind of hard to explain but I'll do my best and one warning, this technique takes practice. Thanks to Kathy for helping me practice!
You can do this in a spray box (to protect the dining room carpet) if you wish. I sprayed my glossy cardstock with Gold Memory Mist. This will be your image color. Remove paper and allow to dry. Place stencil inside your spray box and spray with Cherry Smoothie and Merlot Memory Mist. You want the stencil quite wet. Remove stencil from the box and place ink side up on a paper towel. Place pre-sprayed glossy cardstock onto inky side of the stencil and lightly brayer. Peel the cardstock off the stencil and you should have an image of the stencil! Too much ink or too little and you get mixed results!
I then cut out the orchid using my oval (large) Nestability and cut a coordinating scallop. I scored a frame around my card with my Scor-it and stamped the saying with Ranger ink. Finally, mounted my orchid onto the card.
As usual, all supplies are available from Crafty Capers.
Recipe:
Dreamweaver Orchid Stencil
Memory Mist sprays - Cherry Smoothie, gold and Merlot
Stamp - Inkadinkado
Ink - Ranger Adirondack Lights Pink Sherbert
Paper - glossy and scraps of Bazzil
Other - Scor-it board and Oval Nestabilities

1 comment:

Lorri said...

Oh Yeah!! a "let's get messy" card. Love it. Just checking out sites for my Christmas card idea. I am going to need a cuttlebug lace christmas tree from you, lol, for next year. This year I need the other size of nesties. Let me know when they are in. I am working so much right now I have no time to pop in anymore.