Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Another technique

This is another Suze Weinberg technique from her book the Art of Rubber Stamping.
This one was called Vivid Resist. It was supposed to use Vivid inks I am guess she meant to use Clearsnap's Vivid inks but I don't own them so thought I would try with Adirondack inks.
I started with a piece of white glossy cardstock. I grabbed a clear Hero Arts stamp and inked it up with my Versamark ink pad then inked the stamp with 1 of 3 Ranger dye inks: Raspberry, Popsicle orange and Sunset yellow then randomly stamped the images all over the glossy cardstock. I heat set the inks to make sure they were nice and dry then rubbed Ranger's dye Espresso ink ALL over the previously stamped images. The images I stamped first resisted the espresso ink! I then rubbed the cardstock with a tissue to remove excess ink. I was hoping the images would be more colorful but still not too bad. I may try this technique again with a lighter background! The rest of the card is self explanatory. I the image I used is by Stampendous. Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow you just amaze me with every card you create...Just beautiful.

Sheree said...

I love the subdued colours on this card... it's beautiful!!