Thursday, February 5, 2009

Smile!

I took a bunch of photos of this card but because it was so sunny I kept getting lots of shadows! I am not complaining about the sun mind you!!

The blog Penny Black Saturday Challenge has a weekly challenge. This week the challenge is to make a circle card. All images are by Penny Black. I stamped the Bunny Friends (1927K) stamp on a piece of watercolor paper with Versafine onyx black. I painted everthing with Shimmerz paints. I then cut all the bunnies out and thought these two looked cute together by themselves. I cut a piece of patterned Imaginesce paper with my scallop circle Nestabilities. I made the card using the same die. I painted the white background of the card with sky blue Shimmerz to liven up the background then attached the scrap of green that I had edged with Versamagic green tea ink. I stamped the Penny Black saying with black ink on the green scrap and attached the bunnies with a punched heart in the middle. I find this type of card tends to splay until it lays flat (not a good quality in a card) so I used my Crop-a-dile Big Bite and punched to holes and threaded ribbon through the holes to help keep the card upright. For more information on how to make this shape with Nestabilities check here.
Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Lisa S. Luckey said...

I think the bunny card is so cute! I love it.

I've added it to my blog list. I had no idea you had a blog. That's so cool, now I can keep up with your crafts.

I hope all is well with you.

Lisa (May) Moody But my blog comes up with Luckey since that will be my writing name.